WHAT SHOULD I GET FOR FOODBANK?
Primarily, when you are thinking of things to donate to Foodbank, you should be thinking LONGLIFE. Short shelf-life goods so quickly go out of date, and we always have to check the dates on items before we give them to our clients. Here are some ideas:
- Tinned Meat or Fish
- Tinned stew, curry, sausages, meatballs, etc.
- Chick peas, Lentils, etc.
- Breakfast Cereal and Porridge Oats
- Tinned Fruit
- Rice Pudding
- Custard – instant, tinned or long-life cartons
- Instant Mashed Potato
- Instant pot meals (needing only a kettle to prepare)
- Tea, Coffee and sugar – small packs and jars are best
- UHT Milk
- Fruit Juice
- Rice and noodles
- Pasta Sauce
- Tomatoes and other vegetables – tinned or long-life cartons
- Condiments and stock cubes
Food isn’t the whole story though. Think about those other household essential supplies which we use every day, but would be really stuck if they ran out.
Toiletries and household items
- Toilet Rolls
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Sanitary products
- Nappies, wipes etc.
- Washing Powder